What is a Facebook Business Page?
How to Create a Facebook Business Page
How to Administer a Business Page
- An office location
- Choose interests relevant to your business
- Review recent posts on News Feed
- Manage permissions for third-party apps that access your Pages
- Set up email notifications for new followers or post notifications about new comments on posts.
- You can also turn off post suggestions if it feels like Facebook is spamming you with ads.
Create an Ad for your Facebook Business page
- Click on the Ad Manager icon at the top of your Facebook page and select Create Ads from the drop-down menu.
- This will take you to a blank canvas where you can start creating a new campaign, ad set and ad. You can choose from one of three types of campaigns:
- Brand awareness campaign
- Lead generation campaign
- Sales promotion campaign
What to do next?
Customize your cover photo
- Make a statement about what you do and why people should follow you.
- Be visually appealing and aesthetically consistent with other elements on your page.
- Use images that are relevant to your brand or campaign but still personal enough to engage followers. (Think of it like an elevator pitch. What’s one thing people would remember if they saw one of these photos?)
Manage visibility and reach in the news feed
- Adjusting the News Feed Algorithm: Each time a user interacts with content, Facebook learns more about his or her interests based on likes and comments. By looking at these interactions, Facebook determines what type of content will best serve each user. You can adjust your page’s news feed settings so that certain types of content appear higher up in your followers’ feeds. Therefore, get more interaction, than other types of posts do.
- Managing Your Page’s Reach: The reach is how many people see each post in their news feeds; it shows how many people actually viewed that post after they were served by Facebook’s algorithm but before they clicked on the post itself (or unfollowed it). If a post has high engagement rates but low reach, then this indicates that something may be wrong with its targeting or delivery method (e.g., targeting too narrow an audience). The number of times someone sees or clicks on an ad depends on whether they’re targeted correctly for the specific ad campaign. Otherwise, users might not even know ads exist!
Create and manage Ads on your page
- Name your campaign (optional)
- Choose a starting budget amount
- Select whether or not this is an automatic or manual campaign (or both!)
- Choose who can see this campaign’s posts and ads, everyone, people who like specific pages or apps (such as Messenger), people who work for companies associated with other entities listed in the drop down menu below it (for example: employees at Coca Cola Company), etcetera…
Delete Ads from your page
- To remove an ad that you created: Go to your Facebook Business Page and click Edit Page in the left column. Click Ads Manager to open it in a new window or tab.
- To remove an ad that isn’t yours: Go to your Facebook Business Page, click Edit Page and then choose Manage Ads from the drop-down menu.
Curious about the ins and outs of digital marketing?