A Beginner's Guide to Google Search Console: Optimizing Your Website for Better Rankings
What is Google Search Console?
Why is Google Search Console important for SEO?
- Monitor your website’s search traffic and performance
- Identify and fix technical issues that may be affecting your website’s rankings
- Submit sitemaps and individual URLs for crawling and indexing
- Receive alerts for any security issues or manual actions taken against your website
- Analyze your website’s backlinks and internal linking structure
- Monitor your website’s mobile usability and performance
How to set up Google Search Console
- Sign in to your Google account and go to the Google Search Console homepage.
- Click on “Add Property” and enter your website’s URL.
- Verify ownership of your website using one of the recommended methods (HTML file upload, HTML tag, or Google Analytics).
- Once verified, you can start using Google Search Console to monitor and optimize your website.
Using GSC to improve your website's SEO
Monitor your website's search traffic and performance
Identify and fix technical issues
Submit sitemaps and URLs for crawling and indexing
Analyze your website's backlinks and internal linking structure
Curious about the ins and outs of digital marketing?