How to add Recipe structured data?
What is structured data?
• Recipes for food: A recipe consists of a list of ingredients and instructions on how to prepare them. This makes it easy for people (and robots) to navigate through the steps required to make something delicious!
• Video game walkthroughs: If you’ve ever watched someone play through an RPG on YouTube, then you’ve seen some form of this type of content before. It’s usually just text explaining what happens when certain buttons are pressed or things happen within the game itself.
• And Learning Videos, Logo, Local Businesses, FAQ, Q&A, Review Snippets, etc.
Does structured data boost your SEO?
Meaning, it helps search engines understand the different pieces of information on your page. So, they can organize them, create rich snippets for each piece of information, and even display them in SERPs. Structured data also helps users find what they’re searching for faster and easier.
If you’re interested in getting into structured data, Google Search Central has some resources that can help.
How to add structured data?
• Add the schema.org markup to your web pages. The easiest way is by using a tool like Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool or Bing’s Structured Data Markup Helper. Also, you can use Yoast or Schema Pro plugins if you have a WordPress website.
• Make sure that the structured data is used on the page where it appears in search results (this can be done by linking one HTML element with another). You don’t need to add more than what is required for a single item. Otherwise, it may appear as duplicate content in search results.
This is a great way to show the step-by-step process of making a recipe. You can use this format when there are multiple steps, or if you want to highlight one particular aspect of your dish.
Party Coffee Cake
This format helps users navigate through your website by showing them where they are in relation to other content on your site. It also helps search engines better understand what pages are linked together and how they relate to each other (especially important for mobile!).
Mark up your recipe content with the following properties of the schema.org Recipe type. The full definition of the Recipe is available at schema.org/Recipe.
Curious about the ins and outs of digital marketing?