What is Technical SEO and Why is it Important?
What is Technical SEO
Best Practices for Technical SEO
- Conducting a website audit to identify technical SEO issues
- Improving website speed by optimizing images, reducing file sizes, and using a content delivery network (CDN)
- Creating an XML sitemap to help search engine crawlers find and index your website’s pages
- Optimizing website architecture by creating a logical site structure and using internal linking to improve crawlability
- Ensuring mobile-friendliness by using a responsive design and optimizing for mobile search
- Improving website security by using HTTPS encryption and implementing security measures to protect against cyber threats.
Common Issues to Watch Out For
- Slow website speed
- Duplicate content
- Broken links and redirects
- Incorrect use of canonical tags
- Missing alt tags and other image optimization issues
- Poor website architecture and navigation.
Is Technical SEO Important?
- Improved website visibility: By optimizing the technical aspects of your website, you can improve your website’s visibility and ranking on search engine result pages (SERPs). This, in turn, can drive more organic traffic to your website.
- Better user experience: Technical SEO optimizations can also improve the user experience of your website. For example, optimizing website speed can reduce page load times, which can improve user engagement and reduce bounce rates.
- Increased website security: It can also improve website security by implementing HTTPS encryption and other security measures. This can help protect your website from cyber threats and reassure users that their data is secure.
- Improved crawlability: Technical SEO optimizations can also improve the crawlability of your website by making it easier for search engine crawlers to find and index your website’s pages. This can help ensure that your website is properly indexed and ranked on SERPs.
Curious about the ins and outs of digital marketing?